Whilst we’re busy greeting guests and keeping everyone entertained and fed, it’s easy for dogs to slip out unnoticed – sometimes for hours before you realise. So here is a little advice to keep your four-legged family member safe:
- Check that gates and fences are secure and that your dog can’t dig his way out: A bored dog will always think the grass is greener.
- Keep exterior doors shut and locked at all times
- Always know where your dog is – however busy you are – and ideally assign one person to look after them
- Don’t leave your dog in the garden for long periods, tied up outside a shop or in the car whilst you visit friends and relatives. Thieves work Christmas.
- And don’t forget that chocolate, grapes, raisins, onions and many nuts are poisonous to dogs, so absolutely no Christmas cake or pudding!
Christmas is one of the busiest times for DogLost with so many dogs going missing. But we will be manning our free helpline all over the Christmas period with our normal opening hours of 0700-2100.